Friday, September 12, 2014

A Doll in the Making

I have been searching for a good pattern
to make a doll for a very long time.

I finally found one that looked good and didn't use
tiny little hooks, as these hurt my hands.

I came across Just My Size Sammy on Ravelry
and was instantly impressed.

Here are a few of my progress shots.
The most laborious part is the hair!
I have re-done the hair 3 times so far
and I still don't have a good look!



This is how the hair looked after I made the 'wig cap' and attached stands.
After attaching almost a full head I held her up
and her head just flopped backwards.
I was devastated to say the least.
I really wanted her hair to be down but this method wasn't working
If I were to put her hair up or in some 
'Princess Leia buns' this method would work great


Here is a close up of the hands and her belly button.
I modified these from the pattern - both the 
thumbs and the belly button are just bobble stitches.
I modified the hands little also.


Can't wait to figure out her hair and get some more progress shots!


No comments:

Post a Comment