Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Little Basket

I had some big wool and I was craving a quick finish crochet project.
I've been wanting to make one of these little baskets for a while now after seeing them on Crochet in Color.
For the pattern see this post ---> Chunky Crochet Basket.

I did alter the pattern a little when I made mine.
I used two strands of Moda Vera Shiver in a deep red together, and used a 9mm hook, because I could not find my 8mm hook. I also did double crochet stitches in place of the half double crochet stitch, and on the second last row, I stitch in the back loops only.

My basket measures roughly 22 inches around, 8 inches across and 5 inches tall.



Right now it's just holding junk like extra screws for my bookcase and ink cartridges for my printer. I'm planning on making a couple more if different sizes.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I will give a try at making a few baskets, it's a project on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete